Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Divorce & Remarriage

One of the topics that stuck out to me in the class discussions is the topic of step families. I think the issues that come from the joining of two family was interesting to observe because it takes a lot of effort to make it work. I look up to the ones who are able to create a healthy relationships within the new family. I think one of the biggest stuggles in a joined family is trying to discipline the children from both sides. Its hard to impanelment rules when it may be something the child is not used to following. This is especially apparent when the children are older because there may have to be more discipline for that child. Nevertheless I think step parents can still be successful. It all depends on the person and how they go about the special circumstance of the person. The other topic of divorce was also interesting. Coming from my own experience my parents at one point separated but then got together. I was old enough to get what was going on but I don't think it affected me they way it could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment