Monday, July 2, 2012

Fathers and Finances

I think our discussion on finances was helpful, the pamphlet is surely one of the best ways I've seen it explained. One of the things that stood out the most to me was the point made about the dual-income families. Although two incomes means more money it doesn't always play out that way. I guess I never really thought about it until I saw the numbers being drawn in class. Another interesting point was in the pamphlet which talked about self-disipline and self-restraint. I think this topic was interesting because it fits right into college. I think often when people get married they tend to live the lifestyle that their parents gave them and forget that things have changed. I think that in order to have a healthy home where finances are regulated there needs to be a means of self-discipline. Another topic we talked about in this until was fatherhood. Writing the fatherhood paper was interesting because I got to see how much research has been done on the importance of fatherhood. Looking back at my childhood my dad was always very constant in my life. I've seen how this had made a difference in my life and I am grateful that I have a supportive dad that helps me though everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment