Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Family System

Last week we talked about the different family theories. I liked the systems theory the best because it emphazied the rules and roles that each member plays in the family. I think it is good explanation of how family works especially with the concept of the subsystems.It outlines the boundaries within a family, but also shows that at the same time, they are all working together. I think the system theory makes everyone feel like they are important in the family because each member has certain expectations within the family system. After coming back to school from my off-track I could especially see how my role in the family seemed to just click as soon as I got home. It seemed like I never had left and sometimes I wondered how they survived without me (just kidding). But honestly I was your dog walker,brownie maker, run errands, go drop me off at the train station girl. I liked it though. It made me feel wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment