Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Social Class & Cultural Diversity

The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear the word class is education. I never thought of class by rankings or maybe I have, but not to the extreme. I thought the videos were a bit extreme, but what was more disturbing, was that some of them were actually realistic. It was interesting to see what attributes we all picked for the "ideal class" in the class discussion, and even more interesting to see how for a lot of us it was sort of confusing which class the attributes were coming from. I think as much as we don't like to admit, class does define the kind of people we are. To society class is necessary because it is one of the ways to set the population apart. If we were all in the same class then how would we know the people to  hang out with? Now this isn't my personal opinion but from what i've seen I think it is what a lot of people feel. Now onto diversity..well cultural diversity to more specific, I thought it was cool to see some of the cultural patterns between the different cultures. I hate being the person (well since i'm hispanic blah blah) but being that I do come from a predominant hispanic culture it was interesting to read some of the patterns that were out there. For the most part, they were pretty accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment