Monday, June 18, 2012

Sexual Intimacy and Family Life

I can remember in almost every Young Women lesson we had on chastity, revolved around the lines "Just don't do it". For someone who has never been talked about sacredness of sexual intimacy this may cause some confussion. No one really talks about sexual intamcy after marriage, therefore I think this lesson opened up a lot of doors that many of us probably have not talked about. My parents always were open with me so I never considered this an awkward topic. I took psychology classes in high school so most of the things discussed in class were not new to me. On the other hand, it was interesting to see the gospel intake. It was amazing taking such a intimate subject and still keeping it sacred. When I have my own family I went to be open with my children as well. I don't want them hearing things at school without hearing what I have to say about it first. I think its important that kids hear it from their parents because then it became a topic that isn't awkward but just part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment